Enriching Lives Through Personalized Programs Of Care
The hallmarks are of our programs are understanding and quality care, with each individual being matched to the correct program based on their unique passions and needs. Person-centered and community-integrated, our programs touch on the many facets of daily life while also fostering independence, engagement, and pride through employment, volunteering, or personal support.
Admissions: A 10-Step Process
1. A caregiver schedules a tour of New Horizons to include the caregiver(s), individual to receive services, and a staff member.
2. As part of the tour, the caregiver(s) receive(s) an application.
3. When the caregiver confirms that New Horizons is the agency of choice, the caregiver(s) submits a completed application to New Horizons.
4. Depending on the specific circumstance, New Horizons may require a 3-5 day assessment in which the individual participates in the program to assess his/her needs.
5. New Horizons notifies the caregiver(s) whether the individual is accepted or not.
6. Once accepted, New Horizons completes a Service Funding Plan (SFP) and submits it to the Developmental Disability Agency (DDA).
7. DDA has up to 45 days to approve the SFP.
8. DDA approves the SFP and notifies New Horizons.
9. New Horizons provides the caregiver(s) with a start date to the program.
10. New Horizons coordinates the individual’s transportation and provides program start details to the caregiver(s).
For more information about our application process, please contact us at 301.249.0206.